- Chartered Certified Accountant
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Trust and Estate Practitioner
- Member of the Institute of Directors
- Private client tax advice including residence & domicile, succession & wealth preservation and investment structures
- UK income tax, capital gains tax, inheritance tax
- The interpretation of double tax treaties
- Disclosures to tax authorities
Paul is a former Tax Partner in KPMG and was historically involved in a wide variety of industries and companies, including boutique tax service providers, trust companies, manufacturing and shipping. He has gained a significant amount of commercial experience, which he brings to the provision of any advice provided. He is currently appointed as an Isle of Man Income Tax Commissioner.
Paul directs a very busy tax practice that deals with tax advice to funds, international businesses and executives, VAT and transfer pricing amongst many other matters.
The practice also deals with international tax through network of contacts throughout the world, as well as tax reporting, compliance and HMRC investigations and disclosures.
CIOT and STEP
In 2008 Paul was elected to be the inaugural Chairman of the newly formed Isle of Man branch of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) and remains on the Isle of Man committee. He was the Chairman of the Isle of Man Branch of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and has been a member of STEP worldwide since 2013. Paul is also on the Advisory Board of the Isle of Man department of Enterprise.
Paul is a regular contributor to periodicals on tax-related matters and is consulted regularly on tax matters by the media.
Telephone: +44(0)1624 872140 Ext:201